To be sustainable, communities need infrastructure, opportunities and capital. The key to all three is community desire to make a change and the commitment to see it through. All that is often needed is the right tools.
Established in 2000, Community Telco Australia is much more than just a provider of telecommunications services. Based on Bendigo Bank’s successful Community Bank® model, Community Telco Australia applies the same philosophy of aggregated demand and community support to telecommunications.
Community Telco provides the community with a greater level of involvement and say in the telecommunications services available to them. It also provides a greater opportunity for businesses and consumers to access the latest technology and for local communities to benefit through:
- Increased economic and industry development.
- New employment opportunities.
- Enhanced educational programs, particularly in distance education.
- A reduction in the ‘brain drain’ to major cities.
- Improved health care and social programs.
- Business productivity improvement.
- Opportunities to competitively access markets outside the region.
Community Telco Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bendigo and Adelaide Bank. The aggregated buying power of Community Telco Australia enables local communi